1. Purchase terms and conditions
If Duct Tape Workshop (“Duct Tape” or “we”) has your product(s) in stock, we will email you a shipping and payment notice confirming that the items have shipped and are en-route to you and that your credit card has been charged; that notice is our acceptance of your order. In-stock orders (excluding special delivery items) normally ship within 1-2 business days of placing your order. We will send you the shipping notice once the item is back in stock and has been shipped. How soon you receive the product(s) depends on the shipping method you have chosen. Duct Tape ships through CourierPost TRACKED SIGNATURE Service and all online orders are dispatched from Auckland Head Office.
1.2 Acceptance of orders
We may limit quantities available for sale or sold, and we reserve the right at any time to reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order for any reason whatsoever. If the price of any product you order was incorrectly displayed on our Website, we will provide you with an opportunity to place an order at the correct price assuming such product is available.
Advertisements on our Website are invitations to you to make offers to purchase products and services on the Website and are not offers to sell. Your properly completed and delivered order information constitutes your offer to purchase the products or services referenced in your order. Your order will be deemed to be accepted only if and when we send an email shipping notice to your email address. That shipping and payment notice email constitutes our acceptance of your order and forms a legally binding contract with Duct Tape Workshop, which operates ducttape.co.nz. The total price of your order will be charged to your credit card when our shipping and payment notice email has been sent to your email address.
If you wish to cancel an order, you may request a cancellation by calling Duct Tape Workshop (09 9486996). However, if we are not able to receive and process your cancellation request before we accept and ship your order, your cancellation request may not be effective.
It is a requirement that all orders intended for delivery within New Zealand be placed from within New Zealand.
If an order is placed outside of New Zealand or is placed using a credit card with a billing address outside of New Zealand then it is considered an overseas transaction.
We retain the right to either approve or deny any overseas transaction at our discretion. All orders placed undergo an internal order verification process. During this process an order may be approved or denied at our discretion.
1.3 Refunds and returns
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a product you have purchased, we will provide you with a refund or exchange if you return it to any Duct Tape Workshop store in New Zealand (Auckland) within 7 days after you receive it in its original condition (including all packaging, accessories and manuals). For your convenience, we also accept returns by mail: please call Duct Tape Workshop (09 9486996) to find out how to make a return by mail. Your electronic invoice is required for both in-store and mail returns.
Return of goods
Sealed Goods Return Policy – Sealed goods and brand new products approved for return must be accompanied with the relevant Duct Tape Workshop invoice or receipt, original packaging, must not be activated and must be returned within 7 days of purchase or delivery. Goods that have been returned and do not meet these conditions will be rejected and will only be delivered back to the customer at their own expense; a handling fee may also apply.
Used Goods Return Policy - If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a product you have purchased, we can provide you with store credit or an exchange within 7 days after you receive it, the device must be returned in its original condition (including all packaging, accessories), at your cost. Please email us: email@example.com to find out how to make a return by mail. Your electronic invoice is required for mail returns. In the event that any items in the order are missing or damaged, Duct Tape Workshop reserves the right to refuse the return request, or may deduct the value of the damaged or missing items from the return total.
All returns must be arranged through firstname.lastname@example.org and must be approved before an item is to be sent back to Duct Tape Workshop.
To exchange or return a brand new (Grade N) or unused (Grade U/U+) product, goods must be sealed / unopened, with packaging in original condition. To exchange or return a used product, goods must be in original condition.
Duct Tape Workshop is liable when found to be at fault only under New Zealand Law, for example; The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
1.4 Methods of payment
You can pay for any purchase you make online by using your MasterCard or VISA card or bank transfer (AtoA payment), provided it was issued in New Zealand.
1.5 Click & Collect
Click & Collect is available for selected products and from selected locations as shown on our Website. During the ordering process, you need to select a store from which you will collect the order. You will receive notification via SMS when your order is ready for collection for in-stock products.
A valid email address and telephone number must be provided to use Click & Collect.
If you fail to collect your order within 6 weeks after you receive notification that the order is available for collection, we may cancel the order.
You agree to comply with certain collection requirements specified below and any other requirements that we notify to you when you place your order through our Website or notified prior to collection:
you must collect your order from the store selected by you when you place your order;
photographic identification must be provided when you collect your order; and
the email order confirmation for your order must be shown when you collect your order.
We take pride in our quality electronics, but on the off chance that something goes wrong, all our open box and used devices are covered by a standard 6 month warranty. Brand new Apple products covered by 1 year warranty. If you have any issues during that time, our technician team will fix it straight forward. We’ll cover all postage fees and get it to you in good working order as soon as possible. After all, we know how important your phone, tablet or laptop is to you.
If something does go wrong, just let us know at email@example.com and our support team will get back to you within 24 hours.
Duct Tape Workshop’s return to base warranty covers faulty parts only and does not cover physical damage, liquid damage or any other form of damage caused by the user. This includes broken screens and bent devices. If third-party has worked on the device without agreement from us this may also invalidate your warranty.
2. Restrictions on Use
In using our site you shall not:
- copy any content from Duct Tape Workshop unless expressly permitted to do so;
- upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that;
- you do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other rights;
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the Site; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that you know or ought to know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or in any way harmful;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent an affiliation with a person or entity;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or publish any private information of someone
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Duct Tape Workshop site.
We reserve the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above and/or involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms.
3. Intellectual Property Violations
We do not permit intellectual property-infringing activities and will move to remove any content and/or stem any activity we deem infringing on another’s intellectual property rights. If you are an intellectual property rights holder or an agent thereof and believe your rights are being violated, you may contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you provide us with any suggestions, comments, or other feedback relating to any aspect of Duct Tape Workshop ("Feedback"), we may freely use such Feedback or in any other products or services without remuneration to you.
6. Consumer Guarantees
If you believe an item is faulty, you may have rights to a remedy under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (CGA). These rights are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined timeframe. However the New Zealand Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period may vary by product (or service) depending on the nature of the goods (or service), the price paid and any representations made about the goods (or service).
For further information and guidance, please refer to The Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, Consumer Protection website: consumerprotection.govt.nz/general-help/consumer-laws/consumer-guarantees-act/
The CGA may not apply to goods and services purchased from Duct Tape Workshop for commercial, resale or trade use. If you are purchasing goods or services from Duct Tape Workshop online for business purposes, as defined in sections 2 and 43 of the CGA, you agree that the consumer guarantees provided for in the CGA will not apply to the supply of those goods or services.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make a comment or complaint regarding Duct Tape Workshop, please contact us at: email@example.com
2. Repair terms and conditions
The following conditions apply to all repairs completed by Duct Tape Workshop.
By shipping your device to Duct Tape Workshop or dropping it off at one of our locations you accept the following terms:
- Duct Tape Workshop is not associated with Apple in any way. The terms Apple, iPhone, iPad and iPod are all terms that are registered trademarks of Apple in New Zealand and other countries.
- If a logic board or back plate is replaced on your device, the serial numbers will not match. This means that the new serial number will not correspond with your iTunes account.
- In order to complete repairs on your device, it is necessary to remove any screen protectors, cases or other accessories. On some occasions removing these devices can result in them becoming unusable. The customer agrees to not hold us liable for any damage to these items. Duct Tape will not replace these items. It is strongly recommended that you remove these prior to shipping or dropping of your device.
- Water damaged devices to include water, humidity, sweat, soda and other liquids cannot always be repaired. Duct Tape technicians will do their best to fix your device. If we determine that your device is damaged beyond reasonable repair, then we will mail it back to you.
- Any device that has been unlocked or jail broken may have compatibility issues with the new hardware and the devices current software. This can cause possible instabilities at a later time. The customer agrees not to hold Duct Tape responsible for a loss of function due to this incompatibility problem, if it occurs.
- Duct Tape is not responsible for any lost data to include but not limited to music, videos, pictures, contacts, calendars, notes, settings or other data stored on your device. It is highly recommended that you back up your data before shipping your device or dropping it off at our facility.
- If item is not is not picked up within 60 days, the item is considered abandoned. It will be sold to recoup the costs of repairs completed on said device.
- Payment is due upon completion of repair.